13 September 2019
Motorola has launched the One Zoom and Moto E6 Plus smartphones at the ongoing IFA 2019 event in Berlin. The Motorola One Zoom has four rear cameras, whereas the Moto E6 Plus comes with the dual rear camera setup. Both smartphones were in leaks for quite a long time and they are just launched now at the biggest trade show where several other big brands are announcing their offerings as well.
The Motorola One Zoom features a 6.4-inch full HD+ (1080x2340 pixels) OLED Max Vision display with a 19:9 aspect ratio. The display is protected by 2.5D Panada King glass and the rear is covered with 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It is powered by Snapdragon 675 SoC processor. The standout feature is without a doubt the four rear cameras setup which includes a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom and OIS, a 16MP ultra-wide with a 117-degree field of view, and a 5MP depth sensor for portrait mode shots. The main highlight of the camera setup is that it offers 3x optical zoom and 10x hybrid zoom.
The cameras are placed in a rectangular-shaped module and they are arranged in a 2x2 grid format and the Motorola icon sits below to this arrangement that offers a glowing LED notification light for when your phone is facedown. The fingerprint scanner now sits inside the display. On the front, the device features a 25MP in a teardrop notch.
- 6.4-inch (1080×2340 pixels) Full HD+ OLED screen
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 processor with Adreno 612 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TBwith microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, 16MP 117-degree Ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 5MP depth-sensing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 25MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-Display Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Bottom-ported speaker, triple microphones
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAH battery with TurboPower fast charging
The Motorola One Zoom will be available in the US starting September 5th. It will be sold as an unlocked GSM phone through Motorola’s website for $449.99. It’ll also be available internationally for 429 euros.
The Moto E6 keeps a low-key with a decent set of specifications at a low price. Compared to E6, the newly-launched E6 Plus is bigger and of course, better. The smartphone features a 6.1-inch display with a teardrop notch and has an HD Plus resolution and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Motorola hasn’t mentioned the type of the display but we assume it to be LCD, considering the price.
The Motorola Moto E6 Plus looks an elegant device with a glossy back. The dual cameras are placed vertically and the fingerprint also mounts on the rear. There’s no IP rating, no headphone jack either, which is disappointing to note since it’s an affordable Android phone. It doesn’t have USB-C connector either and it rather relies on micro-USB connector.
The Moto E6 Plus is powered by Helio P22 processor with 2GB/4GB RAM options and 32GB/64GB ongoing storage. The main camera in the dual rear cameras setup is 13MP sensor at f/2 aperture with a 2MP depth sensor.
- 6.1-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19.5:9 Max Vision IPS display
- 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB /64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, Micro USB
- 3000mAh battery
The Motorola Moto E6 Plus will be available across Latin America starting September 5 for 139 euros. It should reach Europe later in September and the Asia Pacific region over the next few months. Motorola has no plans to bring this device to North America.