13 December 2019
Motorola's much-anticipated Brazil launch event is over where it launched three new smartphones: Moto G8 Plus, Moto G8 Play, and Moto E6 Play. The first two are mid-range models and the last one is an entry-level model for those who have a tight budget. It also announced the global expansion of Motorola One Macro smartphone at the same event.
Since we have a lot to talk about, let's cover these phones one at a time:
The Moto G8 Plus is the newest member of the Moto G family and is the most expensive offering in the newly launched lineup. It sports a 6.3-inch Full HD+ (1920 x 1080 pixels) LCD display with a dot-like notch and 19:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, it has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. It offers 64GB of onboard storage with microSD card support.
Motorola has packed it with a triple rear camera system featuring a 48-megapixel Quad Pixel main camera with f/1.79 aperture. It is accompanied by a 16-megapixel wide-angle (117-degree field of view) sensor and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. There is a 25-megapixel Quad Pixel front camera for selfie lovers.
The whole package is powered by a 4,000mAh battery with 15W Turbo Charging. It will run vanilla Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. Other notable features include a fingerprint scanner, IPX2 splash resistance, a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, NFC, and Dolby Audio-powered stereo speakers.
Motorola has priced the Moto G8 Plus (4GB/64GB) at €269/£232/INR 13,999 depending on the market you buy it from. It has been released in Crystal Pink and Cosmic Blue color variants.
With the Moto G8 Play, you will get a 6.2-inch HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels) Max Vision display. It is powered by the octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. It comes in only a 32GB storage option but offers storage expansion through microSD cards. It has triple rear cameras featuring a 13-megapixel main camera with f/2.0 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide (117-degree FoV) camera with f/2.2 aperture, and a 2-megapixel depth camera with f/2.2 aperture.
It has an 8-megapixel front camera which should be good enough for selfies and video calls. There is a 4,000mAh battery to keep the lights on but no fast charging here. It will ship with Android 9 Pie and other features like IPX2 splash resistance, USB Type-C port, and a fingerprint scanner.
The Moto G8 Play will cost you 967.12 Brazilian Real (about $240) with an option to choose from Royal Magenta and Knight Grey color variants. It will go on sale in Brazil, Peru, Chile, and Mexico followed by expansion to other markets.
The Moto E6 Play is the latest phone to join the Moto E6 family after the launch of Moto E6 and Moto E6 Plus. It has a 5.5-inch HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels) Max Vision display with no notch. Under the hood, it comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor with 2GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage (microSD card support available).
It has a single 13-megapixel rear camera with an LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera. There is a 3,000mAh battery and it will run Android 9 Pie out of the box. It also offers IPX2 splash resistance, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a fingerprint scanner. The Moto E6 Play is priced at EUR 109 with Steel Black and Ocean Blue color options.
The Motorola One Macro is a camera-centric smartphone that was originally launched in India earlier this month. It has now been expanded to global markets including the whole of Europe, Australia, Brazil, and Mexico. It will cost EUR 269 in Europe but for other markets, actual pricing will vary depending on the region.
Here is a quick overview of Motorola One Macro specifications:
- 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) Max Vision display
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P70 SoC with 900MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Laser AF, PDAF, 2MP camera for macro and 2MP for portraits with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Splash resistant (IPX2)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAH battery with 10W charging
- The Motorola Moto G8 Plus isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The Motorola Moto G8 Play isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The Motorola Moto E6 Play isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The Motorola One Macro isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.