12 October 2018
Xiaomi Black Shark gaming phone is finally launched after being the part of so many leaks. The phone comes from the firm Black Shark which is backed by Xiaomi. The Black Shark phone comes with a One-touch SHARK key that provides immersive gaming experience. The phone features a glowing logo on the back, in fact, the green and black aesthetics quite match with the Razer Phone. But, the Xiaomi Black Shark comes with better hardware.
The Black Shark gaming phone by Xiaomi includes a dedicated image processing chip from Pixelworks offering intelligent motion compensation technology, image enhancement, dark scene detail processing, for smooth video quality when gaming. It comes with an X-style unique antenna design so to avoid any signal issues when you hold the phone vertically and horizontally.
The advanced cooling solution ensures that there’s not any force on the handset that could throttle under intensive use. The solution allows the processor to run 8 degrees Celsius cooler. The speakers present on the gaming handset provide near-surround experience.
The Xiaomi Black Shark ships with a 5.99-inch display with 2160x1080 pixels resolution. It doesn’t feature the 120Hz panel like the Razor Phone but it makes it up with other ways. The handset exudes a brightness of up to 550nits and has a color gamut that goes to 97 percent.
The Black Shark by Xiaomi is powered by Snapdragon 845processor and it’s one of those gaming smartphones that comes with huge RAMs for a smoother experience. The Black Shark comes in two variants – 6GB RAM and 64GB UFS 2.1 storage, and the 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. With the latter, you would not only be able to store big size games but also have a great experience. The massive 4,000mAH battery keeps the device ready for you so that you could play your favorite games for a longer period of time.
A gaming controller is also introduced to make your gaming sessions more tolerable. This controller doesn’t just work with the Black Shark, rather you can use it with many other smartphones.
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with 97% DCI-P3 color gamut, 550 nits brightness
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, the secondary 20MP rear camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual Smart PA, Hi-Fi Audio, Dual Speakers
- SHARK key for high-performance gaming mode
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Black Shark with 6GB RAM/64GB storage will cost you Yuan or $477 USD while the 8GB RAM/128GB storage version will set you back by 3499 Yuan or $557 USD. Also, the Bluetooth-enabled gaming controller will cost 179 Yuan or $28 but it is going to be available in limited quantities.