22 May 2018
Huawei's sub-brand launched the Honor 10 in China back in April and now the device gets its global launch. The company launched the device at an event in London.
The Honor 10 features glass on both front and back along with an aluminum frame which provides it a premium look and feel. It features dual rear cameras with a 16MP RGB sensor and a 24MP monochrome sensor with 2x zoom, f/1.8 aperture LED flash, PDAF, AI scene recognition.
71.2 x 149.6 x 7.7 mm
5.84 inches - 2280x1080 px
The device also features a 24MP front-facing camera that is infused with the goodness of AI. It includes beautification modes, 4-in-1 light fusion technology and has a support for face unlock. The company is betting big on the device’s AI capabilities, which Honor is calling “AI 2.0.” AI 2.0 can detect dynamic pictures more accurately and can also process Prisma-like image effects twice as fast as the iPhone X.
The Honor 10 embeds the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor on the front that even works with wet fingers.
- 5.84-inch ( 2240 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP (RGB) primary camera with LED flash, secondary 24MP (Monochrome) rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAH battery with fast charging
Honor 10 comes in Phantom Green, Phantom Blue, Phantom Grey, and Midnight Black color options. The price of the 64GB model is €399 and for the 128GB model, the price is €449.
Honor 10 is already available SIM-free on many retailers, including Carphone Warehouse, Amazon, John Lewis and Honor’s own online store. The phone may also be purchased in the UK from Three with a monthly plan, but you have to wait until Thursday, May 17 to get it.