Samsung 29 May
Vivo X21 is the latest dual rear cameras smartphone but one thing which makes it a totally different offering is the presence of an in-display fingerprint scanner. Both the phones, the newly-launched OnePlus 6 and the Vivo X21 have 19:9 display, which means a larger surface area of the screen. Vivo has embedded the fingerprint scanner under the screen of the X21 and no other phone has achieved this new capability yet and it’s good to see that a Chinese manufacturer has come up with such device first.
Vivo X21 and the OnePlus 6 are the two latest upper mid-range Android devices. They both have dual rear cameras, while the former has 12MP and 5MP dual cameras, the latter has 16MP and 20MP cameras on the rear. OnePlus 6 cameras also include OIS and EIS, whereas Vivo X21 doesn’t have these stabilization features.
Curiosity 29 May
The tech YouTuber TechBuzz has come up with yet another video in which it shows the camera test comparison between the Vivo X21 and the OnePlus 6. The comparison starts with a video test shot in 1080 at 30fps. While the OnePlus 6 has smoother transitions, the Vivo X21 is struggling when the YouTuber is walking, even when it’s not a brisk walking.
The comparison video then shows the still images taken with OnePlus 6 and the Vivo X21 smartphones in different lighting conditions – daylight, indoor, outdoor, low-light, and more. Both the smartphones offer bright results, however, the shots taken with OnePlus 6 are brighter and vivid; they are popping out colors better. Overall, the OnePlus 6 seems to be offering better shots in every lighting conditions.
Well, watch the video from below and let us know what do you think about the results.
- 6.28-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Snapdragon 660 processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB
- 12MP+5MP rear cameras
- 12MP front camera
- FunTouch OS 4.0 with Android Oreo 8.1
- 3,200mAH battery
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (dual-band, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, Micro-USB with OTG, and a 3.5mm headphone jack
- 154.45x74.78x7.37mm dimensions and weighs 156.2 grams
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with OxygenOS 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX519 sensor, OIS, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX376K sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 480 fps slo-mo at 720p, 240 fps at 1080p, 4k at 60 fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX 371 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V – 4A)