14 November 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8 is the latest smartphone to adopt the display notch just like many others. The Mi 8 is a look-alike of the iPhone X like many others, however, Mi 8 goes one step ahead and is actually considered as a clone of Apple’s flagship device. Well, not just the rear panel, but the front panel is also similar to the iPhone X. For the very first time, an Android Phone is featuring a bigger display as it accommodates IR camera sensors for Face ID tech and many other things.
Talking about the OnePlus 6, the device is following its company’s strategy very loyally. The company creates a different track for its smartphones and make them lead even ahead of the existing devices that are already running at a ferocious speed. OnePlus 6 is courageously giving tough competitions to the existing flagships and also to the new entrants. Talking about the latter, the OnePlus 6 has Mi 8 in front of it with top-notch specifications and features.
74.8 x 154.9 x 7.6 mm
6.21 inches - 2248x1080 px
75.4 x 155.7 x 7.75 mm
6.28 inches - 2280x1080 px
The YouTuber TechBuzz took the two devices and made a camera test comparison. In a video, the YouTuber shows the camera samples and video results taken with Mi 8 and OnePlus 6. The comparison video first starts with the usual test that shows the video results taken in 1080p at 30fps. While the Mi 8 has only OIS, the OnePlus 6 cameras have both OIS and EIS for better stabilization. But still, the comparison isn’t drastic and the OnePlus 6 doesn’t seem to be offering any better results.
The YouTuber then shares the camera samples taken in different lighting conditions - daylight, indoor, low-light.
Xiaomi Mi 8 has dual 12 MP (f/1.8 4-axis OIS, dual-pixel PDAF) + 12 MP (f/2.4) camera with 2x optical zoom and the OnePlus 6 has dual 16 MP (f/1.7, gyro-EIS, OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.7) cameras.
Let’s watch the video below and compare the camera samples and let us know what do you think about the results.
- 6.21-inch (2248 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:7:9 AMOLED display w
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, the secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 2X zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- IR Face unlock
- Rear-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.9×74.8x 7.6 mm; Weight: 175g (Mi 8) ; 177g (Mi 8 Explorer Edition)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with OxygenOS 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX519 sensor, OIS, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX376K sensor, f/1.7 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX 371 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V – 4A)