30 October 2018
Poco F1 smartphone is the latest entrant in the market from the sub-brand of Xiaomi. The phone comes in three variants that vary primarily according to the storage and RAM size. It’s the first phone with Snapdragon 845 processor at this price segment, which is Rs. 21,000. The phone gives a direct competition to the OnePlus 6, which has been ruling over many flagships of other brands. Poco F1’s aggressive price is expected to cut down the dominance of the OnePlus 6 in India.
Well, now the buyers would be making decisions on their purchase and while you know the difference between these two devices on paper, it’s interesting to note down their performance difference. A speed test comparison between the Poco F1 and the OnePlus 6 will give you a good idea of what to expect from the newly launched device.
The YouTuber RevAtlas has conducted a speed test to let you know the performance difference between the two Snapdragon 845 powered devices. The YouTuber uses the stopwatch and notes down the time taken by each device in opening the different apps. There isn’t a major difference between the two, the OnePlus took 1 minute 35 seconds in opening several apps and the Poco F1 took 2 seconds lesser in doing the same job. This is a negligible difference and may not account to any win here.
The YouTuber then checks the RAM management of them in the second lap. The OnePlus took 1 minute 55 seconds in RAM management and the Poco F1 was only a second behind or maybe even milliseconds.
OnePlus 6 has long been considered as the flagship killer as it gives a tough competition to the big brands at its price. But, the arrival of Poco F1 in the Indian market must have given OnePlus a hard time. Taking this speed test for reference, there is a very tiny amount of difference between the two. However, we are yet to note how the Poco F1 proceeds further and how it will perform in the long run.
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory with up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera with ƒ/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR face unlock
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dirac HD, Dual Smart PA
- Dual 4G+ VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with OxygenOS 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX376K sensor, f/1.7 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX 371 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge
75.2 x 155.5 x 8.8 mm
6.18 inches - 2246x1080 px
75.4 x 155.7 x 7.75 mm
6.28 inches - 2280x1080 px