01 November 2019
Xiaomi has launched the Mi 9 Lite as a global version of the Mi CC9 at an event in Spain. The company launched the CC9 series’ smartphones with AMOLED display. The smartphone that has gone official with the new name includes the same design and specifications as the Mi CC9.
On the front, you will get the same waterdrop notch display and in-display fingerprint scanner. On the back, the device has triple rear cameras which are placed vertically on the left of the device. The 91% screen-to-body ratio is also the same with a 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite also comes powered by the Snapdragon 710 SoC paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. The device also includes the Game Turbo 2.0 to give you smooth and uninterrupted gaming experience. The triple-lens camera on the back includes a 48MP Sont IMX586 sensor with f/1.79 aperture, 8MP 118-degree ultra-wide angles lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. Below to the camera stack is the multi-color LED light that also supports unique light effects for games while also acting as a notification LED.
On the front, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite includes a 32MP front camera sensor from Samsung that merges four pixels to form large 1.6μm pixels for better low-light images and AI beautify mode.
The Xiaomi MI 9 Lite packs a 4030mAH battery with QC 4.0 charging and ships with 18W fast charger in the box. The device includes hybrid dual SIM which means there's a separate place for microSD card and two nano SIMs live in their dedicated slots.
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 10nm processor with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, Infrared sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC USB Type-C
- 4030mAH battery with QC 4.0 charging, 18W fast charger
The price of the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage costs €319 (US$ 352) and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version is priced at €349 (US$ 385). The reservations will go live in Spain on September 20th. It comes in White Lover, Blue Planet and Dark Prince colors which produce a 3D effect.