20 January 2020
The Nubia Z20 smartphone that launched in August in China is now going global with its international launch, starting October 14. The major highlight which created a lot of buzz and gathered much hype for the device is the dual-display setup. Nubia took a different route for maximizing the screen-to-body ratio on the Z20. You will see no display notch and not even the motorized cameras on it and that’s the beauty of the device.
The Nubia Z20 break the shackles of the mundane look while still maintaining the full-screen profile by making use of the secondary display which is added to the back panel. The Nubia Z20 features a curved bezel-less 6.42-inch FHD+ edge-to-edge front display, combined with a secondary 5.1-inch panel on the back, which is also curved.
It’s the secondary display that takes the care of the selfie camera. Since there’s no notch or motorized camera, the triple cameras on the back do the double duty with the help of the secondary display. The back cameras are used as a selfie camera, thus you get the same quality in your selfie as you would get by using the rear cameras.
Both the displays are protected with Gorilla Glass 5 and the back panel is coated with a blue-light-blocking filter for more comfortable viewing at night. The secondary panel offers an always-on display, showing you the time and notifications all the time.
- 6.42-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ AMOLED curved glass display
- 5.1-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ AMOLED secondary display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with nubia UI 7.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, dual LED flash, OIS, 16MP 122.2° ultra-wide camera, 2.5cm macro, 8MP telephoto lens for 3x loss-less zoom and 30x digital zoom
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, Dual GPS (L1/L5), USB Type-C
- 4000mAH with 27W fast PD charging, Quick Charge 4.0
The Z20 will be available in the US, Canada, and Europe on October 14 in Twilight Blue and Diamond Black. There are no details on the pricing yet.