18 November 2019
Xiaomi has launched the Redmi Note 8T as a new member of its Redmi Note 8 series in the European market. The main highlight of the phone is its quad rear cameras, with 48MP primary sensor. The Redmi Note 8T is actually the version of the Redmi Note 8 but with NFC support and rest of the specifications are the same.
The Redmi Note 8T has a waterdrop notch and a good amount of bezel strip runs below the display. The fingerprint scanner is mounted on the back near the vertically aligned four cameras. The phone has a 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and on the back, it is covered with a splash-resistant coating.
The Redmi Note 8T smartphone is powered by the Snapdragon 665 processor coupled with up to 6GB RAM. It includes a 6.39-inch full HD+ LCD screen. The 48MP main camera is accompanied by an 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP sensor taking macro shots at a distance of 2cm. On the front, the device has a 13MP camera, placed inside the waterdrop style notch.
- 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD screen with 500nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 processor with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL GM1 sensor, PDAF, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAH battery with 18W fast charging
The price of the Redmi Note 8T is 199 Euros for the 4GB RAM with a 64GB storage version and it will be available in Moonshadow Grey, Starscape Blue, and Moonlight White color options. It will be available for purchase in Spain and Italy from November 8th and go on sale in France from November 13 and in Germany from November 15th. It will soon be available in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxemburg soon.