08 November 2019
Vivo has launched the Y5s, a new mid-range smartphone in China. In terms of looks, the Vivo Y5s is just like any other Android smartphone available in the market. You would find the same waterdrop style notch holding the selfie camera on the display and an array of cameras vertically aligned on the back. The fingerprint scanner is mounted on the back for unlocking purpose.
The specifications are no different as well, you will find a set of decent hardware configuration similar to what we see in may mid-range smartphones today. The main highlight of the phone can be the big battery capacity which holds 5,000mAH with support for Vivo’s 18W Dual Engine fast charging,
The Vivo Y5s is powered by MediaTek Helio P65 processor coupled with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage that can be expanded further using a microSD card. It has a triple rear cameras setup on the rear, where the 16MP is the main camera with Sony IMX499 sensor, f/1.78 aperture, 8MP 120-degree ultrawide sensor with f/2.2 aperture ad a 2MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture. It includes a 16MP front-facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture. The device includes a 6.53-inch Full HD+ display and runs Android 9 Pie with FunTouch OS 9.
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P65 (MT6768) processor with ARM Mali-G52 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9
- 16MP primary sensor with Sony IMX499 sensor, f/1.78 aperture + 8MP 120° ultrawide sensor with f/2.2 aperture+ 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB port
- 5000mAH battery with 18W fast charging
The price of the Vivo Y5s is 1498 yuan (US$ 214) and it will go on sale in China soon. It will be available in Blue Black and Green colors