26 November 2019
Vivo has launched the S5 smartphone with a decent set of specifications in China. Apart from the usual specifications, the device includes an unusual design, however, not too unusual to make a real difference. Vivo chose to put its quad cameras in a new type of module on the back. As evident, the three cameras reside inside that the diamond-shaped module and a fourth one is positioned outside the complete module. This is just another attempt by Vivo to distinguish the usual multi-cameras arrangement.
On the front, the Vivo S5 features a punch-hole which houses the selfie camera. The main highlight or indistinguishable attribute could be the small hole which is just 3mm in size. There is an in-display fingerprint scanner that reflects fingerprints in the same diamond shape available on the back. The Vivo S5 has a 3D glass back for a premium look and feel. The quad rear cameras include a 48MP primary camera along with an 8MP ultra-wide, 5MP portrait and a 2MP macro camera.
The Vivo S5 has a 4100mAH battery with 22.5W Vivo Flash Charge flash charging that lets you charge up the device to 50% in half an hour.
- 6.44-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen
- Octa-core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 616 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB / 256GB storage
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.48 aperture, 2MP for macro with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4100mAH battery with 22.5W fast charging
The price of the Vivo S5 is 2698 yuan (US$ 384) for the 8GB + 128GB storage version and the 8GB + 256GB version costs 2998 yuan (US$ 427). It comes in Black, Blue, and Light Blue color options. It will be available for order from November 15 and will go on sale in China from November 22nd.