15 May 2018
Fast-rising Chinese smartphone manufacturer Vivo announced X21 in ‘X series’ which is the high-end smartphone series. The much-awaited phone that we earlier saw in the hands-on images earlier suggested a similar notch like iPhone X. X21 features a 6.28-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display with 19:9 aspect ratio, offering a 90.3% screen to body ratio. Elegantly designed, X21 rocks narrow bezels with just 1.66 mm width. Powered by a Snapdragon 660 processor and a 6GB RAM, the phone runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) that comes pre-packed with AI-features that is fueled by AIE artificial intelligence chip by Qualcomm.
Interestingly, the phone comes in two variants, one with in-display fingerprint sensor while the other one with standard implementation. Other features include dual-rear camera setup, Samsung’s 2L9 sensor with Dual Pixel technology. X21 also offers AI scene recognition that could figure out 17 scenes automatically. Below is the comprehensive specification.
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6B RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, a secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint / In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.45 × 74.78 × 7.37mm; Weight: 156.2g
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 3200mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
The phone would be available for $457 in color options Black, Aurora, White and Ruby Red. The in-display fingerprint sensor variant would be available for purchase from 28th March while the standard one would be available from 24th March.