05 February 2019
HMD Global has been quite busy ever since Google made Android 9 Pie available for public release. It has been working towards upgrading as many phones and as soon as possible. In the same bid, it is now time for Nokia 5.1 Plus users to get the taste of Android 9 Pie.
The announcement regarding the public rollout was made by HMD Chief Product Officer Juho Sarvikas via a tweet. The update weighs about 1218MB in size and is quite a hefty one. It is advised to connect to a WiFi connection before hitting that download so that you don't end up incurring any unwanted data usage charges. The update brings various new Android Pie features like Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, new navigation gestures, and new settings/menu interface along with monthly Android security patch for the month of December 2018.
Finally pic.twitter.com/OXx0K9zeYv— Hellboy (@TopobarLayek) December 27, 2018
It is worth noting that the Nokia 5.1 Plus is simply the global version of the Nokia X5. The latter is exclusive to the Chinese market and has already received an upgrade to Android 9 Pie. Both phones feature exactly the same hardware specification with the only major difference being the firmware. The Nokia X5 comes with a firmware meant for Chinese users.
71.98 x 149.51 x 8.09 mm
5.8 inches - 1520x720 px
- Display: 5.86-inch ( 720×1520 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass 19:9 aspect ratio display
- Processor: Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory, 4GB with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- Camera: 13MP + 5MP rear camera, 8MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3060mAh
- Dimensions: 149.51 x 71.98 x 8.096 mm
- Weight: 160g