13 January 2021
The LG Gram 2021 notebook lineup has been made official ahead of the virtual CES conference next week. The new offerings feature a new design while improving on everything that makes Gram worth buying. There are a total of five models including three traditional clamshell notebooks and two convertible notebooks.
The models are called LG Gram 17 (17Z90P), Gram 16 (16Z90P), Gram 14 (14Z90P), Gram 16 2-in-1 (16T90P), and Gram 14 2-in-1 (14T90P). All of these models are featuring a bezel-less design with an increased 16:10 aspect ratio. Under the hood, you will get 11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe Graphics and UHD Graphics. There is an 8GB and 16GB LPDR4X RAM option along with M.2 Dual SSD NVMe slots.
Here is the display panel tech for each of the models:
- LG Gram 17 (17Z90P): 17-inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600 pixels) IPS display with 99% DCI-P3 color gamut
- LG Gram 16 (16Z90P): 16-inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600 pixels) IPS display with 99% DCI-P3 color gamut
- LG Gram 14 (14Z90P): 14-inch WQXGA (1920 x 1600 pixels) IPS display with 99% DCI-P3 color gamut
- LG Gram 16 2-in-1 (16T90P): 16-inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600 pixels) Touch IPS display with 99% DCI-P3 color gamut, Gorilla Glass 6
- LG Gram 14 2-in-1 (14T90P): 14-inch WQXGA (1920 x 1600 pixels) Touch IPS display with 99% DCI-P3 color gamut, Gorilla Glass 6
The biggest improvement in the LG Gram (2021) lineup is the Intel Evo certification. It is a platform and a "badge" given to laptops that meet certain requirements laid out by Intel. These notebooks are said to deliver long-lasting battery life, fast charging support, and a quick wake-up time.
LG has packed the 17-inch and both 16-inch models with an 80Wh battery. The remaining two 14-inch models will come with a slightly smaller 72Wh battery. All five models feature a backlit keyboard, two USB 4 Gen3 ports, two USB 3.2 Gen2 ports, an HDMI port, a microSD/UFS slot, and an HP-Out connectivity option.
There are no words on the LG Gram (2021) notebooks pricing and availability yet. We will keep you posted as and when these details will be made public.