07 August 2019
It has been a month since ZTE officially unveiled its first 5G smartphone Axon 10 Pro 5G in China. It only announced the phone with no words on when it will go on sale. If you have been waiting to find an answer to that question, there is a new report which offers a speculated release timeline.
The new report claims that the ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G could go on sale as soon as July 2019 in China. It means you could just be only a month away from getting your hands on one of the first 5G smartphones of the world. The report claims that ZTE is currently under talks with three Chinese carriers China Telecom, China Unicorn, and China Mobile. These will be releasing the smartphone with support for 5G connectivity right from the first boot.
The reason behind ZTE not revealing release date at the launch event was that none of the carriers in China had received 5G network license back then. But since the past week, the Chinese government has started issuing necessary licenses to carriers for providing 5G connectivity to smartphones and any 5G-capable device.
Even though we now have a specific release timeline speculation, we would not suggest you get too excited about it just yet. The first reason is that it is a report but secondary even if it is correct, matters like these can always see a change as the time passes. It means the ongoing conversation among ZTE and carriers can end up going anywhere or might even break down completely. But either way, we will bring the latest developments to you so that you can stay updated.
73.4 x 159.2 x 7.9 mm
6.47 inches - 2340x1080 px
- 6.47-inch Full HD+ (1080 x 2340pixels) AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with Snapdragon X50 5G modem
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB storage (expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD card support)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, an 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, a 20-megapixel wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging, wireless charging
- Android 9 Pie