20 September 2018
Apple iOS 12 beta is out now and people with their devices have installed it to experience the improvements that the company has made. The latest version of iPhone’s operating system focuses majorly on streamlining the performance and reliability than new features. While we did see some of the new additions, including the personalized Animojis and their inclusion in the Messages, not major or distinctive attributes have been added.
The iOS 12 focuses majorly on speed and performance; during the WWDC event, Craig Federighi announced that with iOS 12, devices will now experience 40% faster app launches, up to 50% faster keyboard display, and up to 70% faster camera opening.
Now, to see the real-life performance of the iOS 12, the YouTuber has made a video in which he shows the speed test conducted between the iPhone X with iOS 12 and the Galaxy S9 Plus. However, it should be noted that the iPhone X is running the beta version of the iOS 12, and as you know beta versions are unstable, so we can’t really judge the performance here. The official release will happen later this year, but, we can enjoy watching this comparison and know if the beta version has any virtues.
70.9 x 143.6 x 7.7 mm
5.8 inches - 2436x1125 px
73.8 x 158.1 x 8.5 mm
6.2 inches - 2960x1440 px
The speed test starts with booting both phones up. Clearly, Samsung wins it as it booted up faster than the iPhone X running the beta version of the iOS 12. However, when it came to opening the games, iPhone X showed up an incredible speed as it opened up them faster than the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. In fact, the iPhone X takes a significant lead than the Galaxy S9 Plus in opening up the apps. The Subway Surfers opened up too fast on the iPhone X running the iOS 12 beta than the Galaxy S9 Plus. It looks like, Apple’s claims of opening the app faster on devices running the iOS 12 are for real. However, not every app opened faster on the iPhone X. In some cases, Galaxy S9 Plus took the lead.
Let’s watch the remaining test results from the video provided below.
- 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HD display display
- Six-core A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with three-core GPU, M11 motion co-processor
- 3GB RAM
- 256GB storage options
- iOS 11 (iOS 12 beta)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- 2716mAH battery
- 6.2-inch Super AMOLED screen with Quad HD + resolution (2960 x 1440 pixels)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or Samsung Exynos 9810 Chipset
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256 GB of storage
- 12 MP dual main camera with variable aperture f / 1.5 or f / 2.4 and OIS
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with auto-focus
- 2x optical zoom and selective focus
- Slow motion video recording at 960 fps, plus 4K at 60 fps
- Focus on artificial intelligence for image enhancement
- Fingerprint reader and iris
- 3,500 mAh battery
- Enhanced IP68 certification against water and dust
- Android Oreo
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is available at Amazon Marketplace for $ 304. The price/quality is good and this is the best device in this price range.
- The Apple iPhone X isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.