21 March 2019
Samsung has released an online-exclusive series of 4K Ultra HD (UHD) TVs named Super 6 in India. It has unveiled three different models of different sizes at relatively affordable pricing. In fact, the pricing makes it clear that Samsung is targeting competitor products like Mi TVs which offer 4K quality for around Rs. 50,000 price point.
Samsung Super 6 Series 4K TVs are available in 43-inch, 50-inch, and 55-inch display size options. With these products, the company is highlighting six features marketed as Super 6 features. These include 4K "real resolution", Live Cast, Tune Station, screen mirroring, lag-free gaming, and over 60,000 titles to stream.
- 4K Real Resolution: It is being touted as the "real" 4K with four times more pixels than a Full HD TV for "sharp, crisp images"
- Live Cast: Ability to live stream anything from anywhere directly on the TV
- Tune Station: Transforms TV into a virtual music system while playing local playlists
- Screen Mirroring: Ability to mirror anything from one's phone to the TV
- Lag-free Gaming: Smooth gaming experience
- 60K+ titles: Stream content from pre-installed services like Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Jio Cinema, Big Flix, Sony LIV, and Eros Now
As for pricing, the 43-inch Samsung Super 6 4K TV is available for Rs. 39,999. The other two models with 50-inch and 55-inch sizes can be purchased for Rs. 49,999 and Rs. 59,999 respectively. There are also a bunch of launch offers for buyers. These TVs are available with no cost EMI option for a period of up to 24 months. It is also offering an extra Rs. 2,000 off on exchange of old televisions. These TVs are available via online Samsung store and Flipkart. Amazon India is expected to start selling these in the coming days.