11 April 2019
Samsung has silently launched the Galaxy A20e smartphone in Poland while we were busy watching the rotating camera of the Galaxy A80. The all-new Galaxy A20e is the budget addition to the A-series and it holds an LCD display rather than the AMOLED. It does have Infinity-V display which you may like to call a water droplet-sized notch. It’s a toned-down version of the Galaxy A20 but matches the design aesthetics.
The Galaxy A20e holds dual rear cameras and the fingerprint scanner is mounted on the back. It’s powered by the octa-core Exynos 7884 SoC that is also powering the Galaxy A20 processor. The device is noticeably smaller than the Galaxy A20 which came with a 6.4-inch AMOLED display.
- 5.8-inch HD+ (720x1560 pixels) TFT Infinity-V Display panel
- Octa-core Exynos 7884 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage, expandable further using microSD card
- 16MP f/1.9 and 5MP f/2.2 dual rear cameras
- 8MP f/2.0 front-facing camera
- 3,000mAH battery with 15W fast-charging support
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a microUSB port
The price of the Galaxy A20e hasn’t been revealed but it’s going to be a budget device which will be available in Black and White color options. The availability details are also unknown; the price may get revealed when the company will make an announcement on its availability.