21 May 2019
Samsung has launched an Olympic Edition of the Samsung Galaxy S10+ smartphone to commemorate the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. The smartphone was announced in partnership with telecom operator NTT Docomo and will come in a Prism White variant which will be sold in limited numbers via Docomo's online sales channel. Samsung has also stated that the smartphone will ship with special edition Galaxy Buds.
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition will have an Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 logo engraved on the phone's rear panel, along with the carrier Docomo's logo. The pre-orders of the Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition will go live exclusively from Docomo's online shop. The South Korean giant will make only 10,000 units of the limited-edition phone. The device will hit the shelves sometime in July, however, there is no word on the phone's availability in global markets.
The Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition will ship with custom Galaxy Buds whose charging case will also feature the Tokyo Olympics logo on the lid.
The Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition will be available with a 36-month contract worth JPY 3,186, bringing the total cost to approx. JPY 1,14,696.
Key specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition is:
- Display: 6.4-inch QHD+ Curved AMOLED display
- Processor: Snapdragon 855 / Exynos 9820
- Memory: 8GB of RAM/128GB ROM
- Rear: 12MP telephoto lens, a 12MP wide-angle lens, and a 16MP ultra-wide-angle lens,
- Front: 8MP RGB depth sensor + 10MP sensor with an f/1.9 auto-focus lens
- Battery: 4,000mAh battery.
- The Samsung Galaxy S10e isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The Samsung Galaxy S10 is available at Amazon Marketplace for $ 783. The price/quality is very good and this is the best device in this price range.