05 June 2019
Samsung has released a new software update for three wearable products including Galaxy Watch, Gear S3, and Gear Sport. This new update is mainly based on One UI which is the latest iteration of Samsung's custom skin. It also brings many features to these wearables which were introduced on the Galaxy Watch Active.
In terms of features, there are many of them which are aimed at improving the fitness tracking capabilities. It makes workout tracking faster, no matter if done via Samsung Health app or via the widget. It has also been made easier to toggle the Goodnight mode and Daily Briefings frequency. For those who love personalizing their wearables, there are a bunch of new watch faces.
The update rollout has started. If you own any of the aforementioned Samsung wearables, you should receive the same anytime soon. While you will receive an update notification automatically, you can also check for the update manually via the companion application on your smartphone.
Here is the complete official changelog:
One UI for Watch
- Check information on your watch at a quick glance.
- Updated graphics(motion, interface) delivers refreshed look
- You can now download new designs of watch faces
- Now supports additional pages to allow quick access to setting control
- Setting menus have been updated for easier discovery. Daily briefing setting has been added for watch to be smarter. Additionally, Sleeping mode can now be turned on/off. Watch can now be set to wake up by touching the screen
- Daily Activity feature added which shows user’s daily activity (Move, Workout, Hourly Activity)
- Usability improved by continuous syncing in between paired smartphone and watch
- Watch also begins to track workout quicker
- Wellness of Heart
- If heart rate is measured over the limit(set by user), watch notifies the user
- Outdoor swim has been added to tracking
- Setting to manage background apps have been added
- For more contextual information, sleep statistic now includes trends and statistics of users who have the same or a similar age as the user.