08 October 2019
Samsung has officially launched its first foldable smartphone Galaxy Fold in India. It is the newest version of the device that comes with an improved hinge and was previously released in the United States and South Korea last month. The original version was supposed to launch in the first half of the year but due to display damage issues, the launch had to be delayed until the team came up with appropriate fixes.
The Galaxy Fold has been priced at Rs. 1,64,999 in India for the 12GB RAM and 512GB storage variant. It is undoubtedly expensive but something that was well expected considering it costs around $2,000 in western parts of the world. It is available in Premium Cosmos Black color and all the Galaxy Fold units in India will come bundled with free Galaxy Buds wireless earphones.
Samsung is further debuting Galaxy Fold Premier Service with the luxurious smartphone. It comes with a 24x7 dedicated helpline number for direct contact with customer care experts. There is an Infinity Flex Display Protection plan where "accidental damage coverage with one-time protection, genuine parts, expert repair service, and Galaxy Fold’s display" will be covered for one-year. It will allow buyers to get their device's accidentally damaged display repaired for a discounted price of Rs. 10,500.
The Galaxy Fold will go up for preorders starting October 4th and deliveries will begin October 20th. It can be preordered via Samsung India's official website as well as various offline stores across the country.
117.9 x 160.9 x 17 mm
7.3 inches - 2152x1536 px
- 7.3-inch QXGA+ (2152 x 1236 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display (Unfolded, on the inside)
- 4.6-inch HD+ (1680 x 720 pixels) Super AMOLED display (Folded, on the outside)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- 12GB of RAM
- 512GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture, 12-megapixel with f/1.5-f/2.4 aperture, and 12-megapixel with f/2.4 aperture rear cameras
- 10-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture and 8-megapixel with f/1.9 aperture selfie cameras
- 10-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture cover selfie camera
- 4380mAh battery (4G LTE) and 4235mAh battery (5G)
- Android 9 Pie