21 February 2020
Samsung has released the Good Lock 2020 app version for all Galaxy smartphone users. The release was promised for February 2020 and the team has delivered on the same. It is a customization app that allows users to tweak the appearance of their Galaxy smartphones as per their preference.
The biggest change included in the new version is that the Good Lock app now supports Android 10 and Samsung's One UI 2.0. It is a huge relief for users who were refraining from upgrading their devices due to fear of losing out on all the customization benefits. With the new app, their devices should retain their customizations even after the Android 10 upgrade installation.
It should be noted that users might see some of the Good Lock plugins being incompatible with the new version. Samsung is expected to fix any such issue in future updates. In the meantime, it has recommended users to uninstall and then re-install all the plugins after a successful upgrade. As for the app itself, the updated version can be downloaded for free via the Galaxy Store that comes pre-installed on Galaxy smartphones.
Here is the official changelog for Good Lock 2020 update:
- Fixed the issue that the phone performance has deteriorated after receiving notifications.
- Added the option to hide a location in the indicator area .
- Fixed the panel round issue after modifying the overlapping area between quick panel.
- Fixed Chinese translation errors.
- Fixed the issue where the option of rotation button is not maintained after reboot.
- Fixed the navigation bar to be invisible if theme was not applied through the theme default setting
- Modified to make the scroll not too fast and smooth.
- Fixed that bounds was reset when running again on popup screen.
- Fixed the problem that the Close All button was NOT translated on the language change .
- Fixed the problem that screen bounds was bounced when switching from full screen to popup view while playing a video.