19 January 2019
Huawei Mate 20 Pro has received a new software update that brings several improvements and December security patch as well. The improvements have been made around the Face Unlock and the camera just as the last update came in December. Apart from these improvements, the update also brings the usual fixes.
The version number of this update is 9.0.171 (C185E10R1P16) and is said to be about 482MB in size.
GSMArena got the tip about the Huawei Mate 20 Pro update with a screenshot showing the changelog of this update. The OTA also optimizes the photo quality while in Master AI mode so as to produce more natural colors. The update also fixes an issue where the preview and actual photos differed. It also fixes the camera launch issues and brings some critical bug fixes and performance improvements.
The OTA update should reach your Huawei Mate 20 Pro devices soon but if you want to check it manually then go into the Settings then select System and look for the System update.
An update arrived in December last year also worked on optimizing the camera performance and improve photo quality as well. Now, the latest update appears to be the same with some minute enhancements.
72.3 x 157.8 x 8.6 mm
6.39 inches - 3120x1440 px
- 6.39-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ OLED 19.5:9
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB/256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- 40MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 20MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, an 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, laser focus, phase focus, contrast focus, AIS (Huawei AI Image Stabilization)
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- In-display fingerprint sensor, 3D Face Unlock
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 4200 mAh battery