09 March 2020
Samsung has launched a new attractive Red color of its latest Galaxy S20 Plus smartphone. Interestingly, the Galaxy Buds+ in the same color which is dubbed Aura Red has also been made available. But, unfortunately, the new colored variant is only available in South Korea and that too with Korea Telecom as the only carrier.
According to the promotional video, the Galaxy S20 Plus Aura Red color is also being referred to as “Jennie Red.” The name references Jennie of the K-pop group Blackpink who is featured in the video. So, the name of the new color variant is a bit on the confusing side. Well, no matter what the name is, the products just feature the blood-red color and they look quite appealing.
It is also rumored that this color will eventually launch in Europe as well, but the timeline isn’t clear. Evan Blass has also recently teased a render of the Buds+ in Aura Red, this shows the products will reach other regions as well. Notably, it is also rumored to carry the same name in other regions. But it is unclear when these products in Aura Red will launch in other regions apart from South Korea and Europe.
- 6.7-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB (5G) LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GBGB /256 (5G) / 512GB (5G) storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- 12 MP wide lens with f/1.8, 64 MP, f/2.0, (telephoto), and 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), also a 0.3MP ToF 3D sensor
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68), Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,500mAH battery with 25W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare