06 April 2020
OnePlus 7T and the OnePlus 7T Pro have received their first Oxygen Open Beta after the five-month wait. The OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for these phones brings many new features alongside some necessary enhancements. The update also brings the February security patch.
One of the notable features is the Live Caption that detects speech in media and automatically generates captions. To enable this feature, go to Settings -> System -> Accessibility -> Live Caption. The feature is best suited if you’re in a noisy place and can’t listen to the video and even raising the volume won’t help. When enabled, the feature will offer you live captions of what people are saying in the video.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Optimized RAM management
- Enhanced single and double tap performance of Ambient display and lock screen
- Improved content now live on settings page
- Updated Android Security patch to 2020.02
- Live Caption
- Added live caption feature, this will detect speech in media and automatically generates captions (to enable: Settings-System-Accessibility-Live Caption)
- Enhanced the contact details screen
- Fixed the audio and video issues with preloading videos
According to AndroidPolice, the update weighs 2.55GB. OnePlus has offered the steps to download the OxygenOS beta update if you want to enter this program.
If you’re entering the OxygenOS Open Beta program for the first time, you should know that the program allows you to install early builds of the OS. This way you get some new features long ahead of stable builds. Also, keep in mind that this is beta software which means it is not stable and can lead to some issues.