21 May 2020
Motorola Razr 2019, Motorola’s first foldable smartphone has gone official in India at a whopping price of Rs. 1,24,999, which is expensive than the Galaxy Z Flip that Samsung launched in February this year.
Motorola has already made the new Razr 2019 foldable phone available for pre-orders in India with a few bundled offers. The company is offering up to Rs. 10,000 cashback on payment via Citi bank, up to 24 months of no-cost EMI and 4TB data for 2 years for Rs. 4,999 with Reliance Jio. Also, you get MotoCare Accident Damage Protection Plan at a discounted price, if purchased within 30 days of buying the smartphone.
Motorola Razr went official for the first time in November last year with some interesting set of tech but it wasn’t expected that the cost will go so high for the country. The smartphone retains the design of the iconic Razr phone that was launched years ago by Motorola. You will find the same flip phone design but with one huge difference and that is the flexible display that actually folds as flip the phone.
The price of the Motorola Razr 2019 is high but it enhances the portability with an even small form factor that is easier to carry around and work with. Compared to Samsung’s first foldable phone – Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X that have large tablet-like screens that fold, the new Motorola Razr stands out, especially when the design is based on the company’s most lovable phone.
The Motorola Razr features a 6.2-inch pOLED HD Flex View display with a 21:9 aspect ratio. It has an outer display as well with 2.7-inch screen size and a gOLED panel with 600x800 pixels resolution with a 4:3 aspect ratio. The display on the outer body offers a quick view of basic information like time, app notifications, and more and that’s why it is called the “Quick View” display.
The Motorola Razr 2019 foldable smartphone has a mechanical hinge, a single primary camera, and an optical fingerprint sensor. It is powered by Snapdragon 710 processor and coupled with 6GB RAM. The only camera is a 16MP sensor along with an f/1.7 lens. It has 128GB onboard storage and a 2,510mAh battery that supports 15W fast charging. The optical fingerprint scanner resides on the chin of the foldable phone.
72 x 172 x 6.9 mm
6.2 inches - 2142x876 px
- 6.2-inch (2142 x 876 pixels) 21:9 Cinemavision foldable pOLED screen, external 2.7-inch (600 x 800 pixels) 4:3 gOLED screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Snapdragon 710 SoC with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM
- 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-LED FLASH, Sony IMX519 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.22um pixel size, EIS, Dual Pixel autofocus (AF), Laser AF
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, screen flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Splash-proof with water-resistant nanocoating, Bottom-ported speaker, 4 mics
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 2510mAh battery with 15W TurboPower fast charging