03 April 2020
Motorola has unveiled Moto E6s as its newest budget smartphone around the globe. If you are feeling deja-vu, then you are not alone as it is the second phone with the same name. Motorola originally unveiled Moto E6s in India last year which was also a budget release. The newer version is similar to the original one except for a few changes here and there.
The first change that you will notice right off the bat is the design revamp. The newer Moto E6s features gradient hues that give it a premium feel. The phone is available in Blue and Red color variants. Another change is the camera setup where alignment differs between the two variants despite being the dual-camera setup on both models.
Here are the new Motorola E6s specifications:
- 6.1-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19.5:9 IPS display with 420 nit brightness
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, P2i water-repellent nano-coating, Fingerprint scanner
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, Micro USB
- 3000mAH removable battery with 5W charging
The major difference between the two models in terms of specifications is related to configuration. The Indian model has a 4GB/64GB variant as compared to 2GB/32GB on the newer one. Similarly, the 8-megapixel front camera has been replaced with a lower 5-megapixel sensor.
As far as Moto E6s pricing and availability details are concerned, Motorola has not revealed them yet. It has simply said that the device will arrive in Latin America, Europe, and Asia in the coming weeks and pricing will be released at the time of local release.