02 April 2020
OnePlus has released a new Oxygen OS Open Beta 2 update for OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro devices. The latest beta build is mostly focused on performance issue fixes and improvements. The only couple of new additions are Instant Translation and March 2020 security patch that you will see in the newest build.
Starting with Instant Translation, it is a new feature that will provide real-time translated subtitles for video calls. It currently supports English, French, German, Hindi, and Chinese languages. OnePlus has not said anything about adding more languages but it appears to be one of the obvious steps.
It is an over the air update which should arrive on your OnePlus 7T series device anytime soon. It should be noted that the OTA update will become available only if your unit is already running a beta build. If you are on a stable build and want to make a shift to the beta channel, visit OnePlus forums for step by step instructions.
Here is the official Oxygen OS Open Beta 2 changelog:
- Fixed the frame rate issue to improve screen recording experience
- Updated Android Security patch to 2020.03
- Fixed the random switch to Gboard while using SwiftKey or a 3rd party keyboard
- Optimized the adaptive brightness feature
- Added Instant translation feature, Provides real-time subtitles during video calls, supports 5 languages (English, French, German, Hindi, and Chinese)