04 June 2020
ZTE, the Chinese smartphone maker has now launched a mid-range 5G smartphone in its Axon series called the Axon 11 5G. The phone has a curved screen and it packs four cameras on the back, all of them which are housed inside a square-ish module. Overall, the phone looks beautiful but the teardrop notch may disappoint many. It has a glass back and features an in-display fingerprint scanner with a 92% screen-to-body ratio.
The ZTE packs a 6.47-inch full HD AMOLED display and it comes powered by Snapdragon 765G 7nm processor and coupled with up to 8GB RAM and up to 256GB storage that can be expanded further using a microSD card. The phone packs a 64MP main camera along with an 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth, and 2MP 4cm macro cameras. On the front, the device packs a 20MP camera, fitted inside a waterdrop notch.
The ZTE Axon 11 5G has 4,000mAH battery capacity with Quick Charge 4.0 fast-charging support. It also comes with power booster power management technology that promises a 35% improved battery life compared to other 5G phones. ZTE touts the Axon 11 5G is the lightest 5G phone with 168g weight only. The device runs Android 10 with MiFavor 10 on top.
- 6.47-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 AMOLED curved glass display
- Octa-core Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 10 with MiFavor 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP primary camera with f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 4K video recording, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging
The price of the ZTE Axon 11 5G is 2698 yuan ($379) for the 6GB RAM and 128GB storage option. The 8GB RAM and 128GB storage version costs 2998 ($421), and the 8GB RAM with 256GB version costs 3398 yuan ($477). It comes in Laser Black and Pearl White color options.