It was last month when we first came across reports about Poco F2 being nothing but a rebranded Redmi K30 Pro for the Indian market. These rumors were quickly denied by Poco's General Manager C. Manmohan during a virtual fan meetup through video conferencing. Now, a Google Play listing has been spotted that shows Poco F2 Pro to be a rebranded Redmi K30 Pro in the global market.
Google Play listing is known to get updated on a monthly basis to include new and upcoming certified devices. It lists Redmi K30 Pro on two occasions with codename "lmi" and model name "Poco F2 Pro". This is a hint that the Redmi flagship will arrive under Poco's umbrella when it makes its way outside China. Since its arrival has already been denied for India, we can expect to make its debut in other global markets where Poco F1 was released as Pocophone F1.
There is even a third listing that shows Redmi K30 Pro with "lmiinpro" codename and model number "Redmi K30 Pro 5G Zoom Edition". This suggests that the flagship will surely launch in India but under the same branding. If this is true, it will be one of the few 5G smartphones in the country and should arrive only after the smartphone sales resume.
2 months agoIt is based on the MIUI 11 beta camera app code references.
2 months agoThe Zoom Edition offers a telephoto sensor with 30X zoom support.
2 months agoRedmi K30 Pro 5G official poster reveals the device is launching in March.
3 months agoXiaomi Redmi K30 Pro and 33W wireless fast-charging tech passed 3C certification.
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display with HDR10+
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor
- 6GB/8GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 onboard storage
- 64-megapixel Sony IMX686 primary sensor with f/1.69 aperture, a 5-megapixel macro sensor, a 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensor with 123-degree FoV, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor
- 20-megapixel front pop-up camera
- 4,700mAh battery with 33W fast charging
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Hi-Fi audio, 3.5mm headphone jack, IP53 water-resistance, Bluetooth 5.1, and USB Type-C port