15 May 2020
OnePlus 8 Pro has received a new OxygenOS update that apparently fixes the annoying green tint issue of the display. The new OxygenOS 10.5.5 update for the OnePlus 8 devices brings many system-level optimizations and improvements around camera and network.
The changelog doesn’t explicitly mention the fix for the green tint problem that OnePlus 8 Pro users were facing earlier, though it does mention that the update has “optimized the display effects.” Folks over at AndroidPolice, however, are able to claim that the update has fixed the most glaring issue as the display no longer shows green tints at low brightness levels. According to publication, crushed blacks also seem to have been rectified to a certain level but this problem is not fully fixed.
Other notable improvements that the OxygenOS 10.5.5 update for the OnePlus 8 Pro brings is the optimized touch sensitivity on screen edges, improved video smoothness, improved accuracy of white balance, and focus in a dark environment.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Optimized touch sensitivity on screen edges
- Optimized the display effects
- Improved video smoothness
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Simplified interaction experience for Bedtime mode
- Improved accuracy of white balance and focus in a dark environment
- Improved the smoothness and stability
- Enabled Greece Vodafone VoWiFi (EU only)
- Enhanced the mobile data and Wi-Fi transmission stability
Let us know in the comments section below if you are still getting the green tint issue even after the update.