26 May 2020
Xiaomi has added a new member to the Redmi K30 series. It is the Redmi K30 5G Racing Edition that has just been announced in China. It is the world's first smartphone to feature Qualcomm's recently unveiled Snapdragon 768G processor. This is also the only thing that differentiates the new edition from the original model i.e. Redmi K30 5G.
The new Snapdragon 768G features overclocked primary cores for faster performance. The GPU is said to offer 15% better graphics handling than the Snapdragon 765G. It has an integrated Snapdragon X52 5G modem that makes the smartphone compatible with both SA and NSA 5G modes.
The special edition phone has been released in a single 6GB RAM and 128GB storage variant. All other specifications remain unchanged and the Redmi K30 5G Racing Edition can be preordered for CNY 1,999 (about $282) in China. The smartphone has been released in a new Mint Green color variant that makes it stand apart from the standard model.
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with HDR10 and 144Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G processor
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB onboard storage
- 64-megapixel, 8-megapixel, 5-megapixel, and 2-megapixel quad rear camera setup
- 20-megapixel and 2-megapixel dual front camera setup
- 4,500mAh battery
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10