01 June 2020
OnePlus 5 and the OnePlus 5T have received the Android 10-based OxygenOS open beta 3. The update brings along several fixes and improvements on the system as well as the camera and network level as well.
The OxygenOS open beta 3 improves the camera and system stability and fixes general bugs around them. The Wi-Fi transfer speed display in Network details has also been optimized and the update has disabled the Airtel VoWiFi feature.
Notably, for Indian users, the update fixes a bug related to UPI (Unified Payment Interface) that was preventing users from sending or receiving the SMS while registering/activating their UPI account. Note that the OxygenOS open beta 3 for the OnePlus 5 and the OnePlus 5T is still based on April 2020 security patch level.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Optimized the system icons in UI of call recording, start-up animations, mobile signal, etc.
- Fixed the bug with access to audio tuner after connecting the earphones
- Fixed the issue with unwanted muting of calls in Google Duo
- Fixed the bug with sending and receiving the messages while registering or activating UPI accounts
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Improved the stability of Camera
- Wi-Fi & internet
- Optimized Wi-Fi transfer speed display in Network details
- Disabled Airtel VoWiFi
In order to update to the new OxygenOS open beta 3, download the full OTA package for your device provided by OnePlus - links provided below. Follow the steps provided on the OnePlus forum to update to the new update.