02 June 2020
OnePlus 5 and the OnePlus 5T phones have received a stable version of Android 10-based OxygenOS 10. OnePlus is keeping up the promise it made last year to update its two phones from 2017 to Android 10. OnePlus started seeding open betas to the two phones just a month ago and now just a week later since the last beta, the stable version of OxygenOS 10 has been rolled out.
One of the biggest new features the update brings is the full-screen gestures that let you swipe the whole screen left or right to do the actions. A left or right full-screen gesture takes you back from where you started. Swiping up and holding it in the middle shows all the open apps. And, a diagonal swipe from the bottom left or right corner of the screen opens Google Assistant.
The Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 for the OnePlus 5 and the OnePlus 5T adds a new Game Space feature so that you can access all your installed games from one place. There is now a brand new UI design as well.
The changelog also notes that the Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) is under optimization and will be pushed in later stabler versions.
Below is the complete changelog -
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
- Full Screen Gestures
- Removed back gesture from the bottom of the screen
- Added back gesture on left and right side of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be pushed in later stabler versions. Please stay tuned.
The Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 update for the OnePlus 5 and the OnePlus 5T weighs 1.8GB in size, so it is recommended to use Wi-Fi to install the update.