26 June 2020
OnePlus is rolling out yet another major update to its TV. The new OTA 4 improves Netflix connectivity and brings support for third-party AirPlay service apps as well. The changelog of the new OTA 4 update shows the MX Player installation error is now fixed. Below is the complete changelog that shows what enhancements, additions, and fixes your OnePlus TV is getting.
• Match the setting value of Color Space, Brightness and MEMC with actual display effect more accurately.
• Enhanced Ultra Smooth effect to make it more obvious in display.
• Corrected the version rollback issues of certain downloaded apps after OTA upgrade.
• Improved the experience around Netflix server connectivity.
• Fixed the MX Player installation error.
• Added support for third-party AirPlay service apps.
Before announcing the OTA 4 for the OnePlus TV, the company acknowledged the bugs that came with the last OTA 3 update and ask for apologies on the mishap.
Note that as always this new OTA is an incremental update which means it will reach a small percentage of users at first and a broader rollout will be followed in a few days. But if you want to check if the update has come to your system then go to Settings and choose More Settings then go to About and choose Status. From here you will get to know if your TV has received any update yet and if yes then you can start updating it.
OnePlus TV has been receiving new updates since its launch. OnePlus entered the TV segment in September and since then it has gained some new capabilities. The Netflix app support and Spotify integration are some of the new additions that OnePlus TV has gained after the update.
In related news, OnePlus is rumored to bring a refreshed OnePlus TV with upgraded remote control soon.