01 September 2020
If you are reading this, there is a high probability that you have been looking for ways to transfer Facebook photos to Google Photos cloud storage. Your wait is finally over is we will tell you about the official Facebook tool that facilitates photos transfer between the two services. The tool kicked off beta testing late last year followed by expansion to the United States and Canada. The good news is that it is now available for everyone around the globe.
The best thing about the Facebook photo transfer tool is that it does not require users to download and install anything new. It works natively from within the social network website. All you need to ensure is that you are logged into your Facebook and Google account that you would like to use for the transfer. Once that is done, simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit Facebook Settings on the web and click on the option called Your Facebook Information.
- It will show you the Transfer a copy of your Photos or Videos option which needs to be clicked.
- Facebook will ask you to verify your identity by asking you to enter your password.
- Select Google Photos from the next option as the service where you want to transfer.
- Click Confirm Transfer to begin the process and wait for it to finish.
In the last step, Google will ask you to sign in to your Photos account if you have not done that already. The actual time taken for the transfer to complete will depend on the overall file size and your internet connection speed. Facebook says that it is working on adding more service providers to the list to give more freedom to users.