It is a rare sight to see a budget Android smartphone receiving Android update support for two years. The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is apparently one of those phones as it is now receiving third Android 10 beta build. This is the second major Android version for the phone that debuted with Android 8.1 Oreo and got upgraded to Android 9 Pie last year.
The third Android 10 beta bears the build number 17.2017.2006.429. It does not offer any new features but there are a few notable improvements. This is expected considering beta builds are meant to improve on existing features after receiving important feedback from the beta testers.
The official changelog for the update is mentioned below:
- Fixed VOIP call silent issue after opening "OK Google" in the voice assistant.
- Fixed HD, HDR HD, High frame rate missing issue in PUBG.
- Fixed NFC not working issue after upgrading to the Android 10.
If you are an Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 beta tester, you should be receiving an update notification soon enough. The rollout usually happens in a phased manner which means some receive it earlier than others. As for the stable version release, there is no specific date or timeline for it yet but with the third beta already out, it should be around the corner.
4 years agoAsus starts rolling Android Pie update for the ZenFone Max Pro M1 and Max M2.
4 years agoThe update rollout has been delayed by one month.
4 years agoThe public release should happen within a couple of months.
4 years agoThese are 4GB RAM phones that you can buy without spending a fortune.
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor
- 3GB, 4GB, and 6GB of RAM
- 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB onboard storage
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) and 5-megapixel (f/2.4) dual rear cameras
- 16-megapixel (f/2.0) selfie camera
- 5,000mAh battery
- Fingerprint scanner