21 October 2020
iQOO, the Chinese smartphone maker has unveiled a new Android smartphone called the U1. It is an affordable smartphone that has been launched with a decent set of specifications in China.
The iQOO U1 features a 6.53-inch IPS LCD display that offers a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD Plus resolution of 1080x2340 pixels. It carries the Snapdragon 720G processor clocked at 2.3GHz and is said to have been designed for gaming. The processor is accompanied by up to 8GB RAM and up to 128GB built-in storage.
The iQOO U1 bears triple rear cameras where 48MP is the primary snapper followed by a 2MP portrait and a 2MP macro lens. It features an 8MP front shooter that is housed inside a punch-hole. The iQOO U1 features a side-mounted fingerprint reader, which means there are only the triple cameras setup and LED flash on the back.
The iQOO U1 comes in three color options – Star Blue, Sunny Frost White, and Secret Black and looking at the back finish, it appears the device has a glass black, though there is no mention of it. The iQOO U1 packs a good amount of battery capacity – 4,500mAH with 18W fast-charging support as well. It runs Android 10-based FunTouch OS and has standard connectivity options. The phone also features Jovi AI assistant, Multi-Tubro 3.0 system acceleration, and Game Space 3.5.
- 6.53-inch IPC LCD display with Full HD+ resolution
- Snapdragon 720G processor
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 storage, upgradable via microSD card slot
- Android 10-based FunTouch OS
- 48MP with f/1.7 + 2MP, f/2.4 + 2MP, f/2.4 triple cameras setup on the back
- 8MP front snapper
- 4,500mAh battery with 18W fast charger
- Dual-SIM support, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, microUSB port, 3.5mm headphone jack, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
The price of the iQOO U1 is –
- 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage – 1,198 Yuan (~$171)
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – 1,398 Yuan (~$200)
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – 1,598 Yuan (~$228)
The iQOO U1 is already up for pre-orders in China and will be available for purchase starting from July 23. It is unknown if iQOO has any plans to bring U1 globally.