24 July 2020
OnePlus has started rolling out new OxygenOS updates to its OnePlus 8 for various regions at the same time.The version number differs according to the country.
IN: Oxygen OS 10.5.10.IN21DA
EU: Oxygen OS 10.5.9.IN21BA
NA: Oxygen OS 10.5.11.IN21AA
The most notable change is prep for the upcoming OnePlus Buds, which will be unveiled alongside the OnePlus Nord on July 21.
Interestingly, the update also brings the July security patch and fixes many issues too. The update brings several improvements as well as the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfer improvements. There is improved connection stability of the mobile network to improve user experience as well. There is one newly added feature also that is specific to India only. The new OxygenOS 10.5.10 adds Red Cable Club membership card to the Indian OnePlus 8 units. The rest of the features, improvements, and fixes remain the same and can be noted down from the changelog provided.
- Newly adapted OnePlus Buds, easier to take advantage of wireless connection
- Provided a variety of clock styles for you. You can customize on your own. (Go to Settings>Customization>Clock style)
- Optimize the touch experience in game mode to enhance the user experience
- Fixed the issue that the wireless charger base re-started automatically
- Fixed the ARCore failure
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.07
- Updated GMS package to 2020.05
- Improved system stability
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfers
- Improved connection stability of mobile network to improve user experience
- Newly added Red Cable Club membership card (IN only)
Do note that this is an incremental update and will be rolled out in a phased manner where a bunch of users will receive it first, followed by a big chunk further. You can look for the update and check if it has arrived on your phone. So just head over to the Setting> System and look for System updates.