07 September 2020
Huawei has launched Maimang 9 smartphone with 5G support in India. The phone has a mid-range price tag with decent specifications, including MediaTek Dimensity 800 SoC.
The Huawei Maimang 9 is the successor to the Maimang 8 that was launched in China back in June last year. Its successor also carries triple rear cameras all aligned vertically, but with 64MP primary sensor. On the front, the phone comes with a punch-hole that bears a 16MP camera sensor.
The dual-SIM Huawei Maimang 9 runs on Android 10 with EMUI 10.1 on the top. It features a 6.8-inch full HD+ (1,080x2,400 pixels) display with 20:9 aspect ratio. As mentioned above the phone is powered by Dimensity 800 5G processor that was launched back in December 2019 and also detailed at the CES event in January this year. The processor is built on 7nm architecture and comes with an integrated 5G modem. It has been developed for mid-range phones and Huawei has already used it in one of its phones in Enjoy series. Also, there are a few reports that state the Maimang 9 could launch as Enjoy 20s for the global markets.
- 6.8-inch full HD+ (1,080x2,400 pixels) display with 20:9 aspect ratio
- MediaTek Dimensity 800 SoC
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- 64MP primary sensor with f/1.89 lens, 8MP secondary sensor with a wide-angle f/2.2 lens, and 2MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 lens
- 16MP front selfie
- 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.1, GPS/ A-GPS, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack
The price of the Huawei Mainmang 9 is CNY 2,399 ($342) for 8GB RAM and 128GB storage model. It is already available on sale in China starting August 7. Also, it is available for pre-bookings through Huawei’s Mall.