17 September 2020
Sony has unveiled a new special Xperia 1 II variant in Japan. It comes with 12GB of RAM and Frosted Black that makes it different from the standard variant released earlier this year. It will also be a SIM-free variant aka unlocked model aimed at those who did not buy the phone as it was available only through carriers until now.
This new Xperia 1 II variant bears model number XQ-AT42. The sales are said to begin October 30th which means a wait of about two months. It has been priced at JPY 124,000 which is about $1,168 making it a luxury offering. It should be noted that the Frosted Black color option will be available in limited quantities. It is said to have a matte finish that would result in fewer fingerprints and smudges on the back panel. The phone will also be sold in the usual Purple and White color options with a glossy finish.
All other specifications of the smartphone will remain unchanged. A quick overview of what to expect from Xperia 1 II is given below:
- 6.5-inch HDR OLED display with 4K resolution, Motion Blur reduction, 21:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor with Adreno 650
- 8GB and 12GB of RAM
- 256GB storage
- Android 10
- 12MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture and Dual PDAF, 12MP wide sensor with f/1.7 aperture and Dual PDAF with OIS, 12MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture and PDAF with OIS, 3D iToF depth sensor
- 8MP front camera
- Dual stereo front speakers, headphone jack, 360 Reality Audio, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4,000mAH battery
- 5G, sub-6GHz band support