21 September 2020
Oppo's F-series of smartphones has been refreshed with the release of Oppo F17 and Oppo F17 Pro. The new phones are claimed to be thinner, faster, and better than predecessors. Both these models share a lot of DNA except for a few differences to justify the price gap. Let's have a look at them one by one.
The Oppo F17 Pro is the star of the show as it is said to be only 7.5 mm thick. It sports a 6.43-inch Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display with a 90.67% screen-to-body ratio and 96% NTSC color gamut support. The display panel has a pill-shaped punch-hole on the top left corner for housing dual selfie cameras: 16-megapixel Sony IMX 471 main sensor with f/2.4 aperture and a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
Under the hood, it has the MediaTek Helio P95 processor paired with 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM. The single RAM option comes with single UFS 2.1 onboard storage i.e. 128GB. The phone does support USB OTG and microSD cards for storage expansion but an exact capacity has not been mentioned.
The back panel has a square-shaped camera module for housing a total of four cameras. These include a 48-megapixel Samsung GM1ST sensor with f/1.7 aperture, an 8-megapixel wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, two 2-megapixel monochrome sensors with f/2.4 aperture. The camera app is further loaded with various modes like panorama, professional, portrait, and night.
The whole package is powered by a 4,000mAh battery with 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging support. The phone will ship with ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10 and also has an in-display fingerprint scanner. The Oppo F17 Pro has been priced at INR 22,990 for the sole 8GB/128GB variant. It is already up for pre-orders with sales starting September 7th. It will be available in Matte Black, Metallic White, and Magic Blue color variants.
The Oppo F17 is simply a toned-down variant of the Pro model for unknown pricing. Here is a quick rundown of the specifications that you will get:
- 6.44-inch Full HD+ display with a waterdrop notch
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor
- Up to 8GB of RAM
- 64GB/128GB onboard storage
- 16-megapixel sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 8-megapixel wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2-megapixel monochrome sensor with f/2.4 aperture, and 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 4,000mAh battery with 30W VOOC fast charging support
- ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10
- Navy Blue, Classic Silver, and Dynamic Orange color variants