20 October 2020
After months of developer and public beta testing, Apple has started rolling out stable versions for its different operating systems. These include iOS 14 for iPhone, iPadOS 14 for iPad, watchOS 7 for Apple Watch, and tvOS 14 for Apple TV. All of these updates are over the air (OTA) which means they should arrive on your supported devices automatically. However, if you want to check for them manually, we have mentioned the instructions below.
- Visit the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad
- Tap the General section followed by the Software Update option
It will start checking for the iOS 14/iPadOS 14 update and will show you details including the update size. If it says that you are already running the latest version iOS 13.7, simply repeat the process until you see the new update. Once it becomes available, simply tap the Download and Install option.
- Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest iOS 14 build.
- Launch the Apple Watch app installed on your iPhone.
- Visit the General section and then the Software Update option.
If there is no new update, repeat the steps until you get the update notification. The final step is to tap the download button to get started with the downloading and installation process.
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple TV.
- Visit System and then Software Updates.
- Tap Update Software to check the new version.
If the update is available, you can start downloading it instantly. If it shows no update for any reason, just repeat the steps until you get the update notification.