30 October 2020
OnePlus might have delighted its users by confirming that OnePlus 8T does not come pre-installed with Facebook bloatware but what about other third-party applications that it didn’t promise or make mention of.
Well, the first OTA update of the OnePlus 8T brings at least one third-party app. The OTA update for the Indian OnePlus 8T units installs the Amazon app and the changelog of the update touts this update provides a better shopping experience. The forum shows the users are clearly not happy about this move of OnePlus. Also, this raises a question, is OnePlus just circumventing the issue of pre-loaded bloatware by adding third-party apps later through OTA updates? But why Amazon? Well, we really don’t know but we guess it is something to do with the partnership between the two companies. OnePlus 8T launched in India as an Amazon exclusive, so presumably, the move could be a part of their partnership.
The changelog of the OxygenOS 126.96.36.199KB05DA OTA for the OnePlus 8T also shows what other additions and improvements the phone is getting. For the camera, the update has optimized the Nightscape Mode for video and improved the imaging quality. It has also optimized the power consumption for the phone.
One of the highlights of the first OTA update of the OnePlus 8T phone is that it adds the Canvas AOD feature to the lock screen customization setting. It is currently available in Beta and the Always-On Display feature shows your picture as a canvas.
Below is the complete changelog –
- New AOD Style – Canvas – is now available. You can find by going to Settings – Customization – Wallpapers – Canvas.
- New added Amazon Shopping App, provide a better shopping experience (India-specific)
- Optimized unlock experience for Ambient Display
- Optimized power consumption for the phone
- New added Amazon shopping App, provide a better shopping experience (IN only)
- Optimized the Nightscape Mode for video, improving the imaging quality
- Optimized the accuracy of white balance under different settings
- Improved the app’s stability
- Improve the stability of communication functions