22 December 2020
OnePlus Nord has already started receiving the October 2020 security patch via OxygenOS 10.5.9 update. Apart from this, the new update also brings new additions and improvements around the system, network, and Bluetooth connectivity.
The new OxygenOS 10.5.9 update for OnePlus Nord adds a new gaming tools box within the Game Space for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can block all the notifications for an immersive gaming experience. There is also a newly added quick reply feature and a mis-touch prevention feature.
OnePlus Nord also gets improved Bluetooth connectivity and network stability. The OxygenOS 10.5.9 update also improves overall system stability and brings general bug fixes.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Whatsapp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click, and the notification bar will pop out.
- Improved Bluetooth connection stability
- Improved network stability
Note that this is an incremental update, which means it will be rolled out first to some users followed by a broader rollout.
OnePlus pushed the September security patch to the OnePlus Nord quite late. To be precise, it arrived earlier this month only. It is great to see that the company decides to push this month’s update a little early.