03 December 2020
Xiaomi has announced the Mi Smart Upgrade program for Mi and Redmi smartphone users in India. It is a phone trade-in program similar to what other brands like Apple and Samsung offer. The aim of the program is to retain customers and reduce the chances of them opting for a different brand while making their next purchase.
The Mi Smart Upgrade program starts at INR 399 and assures up to 70% buyback value while exchanging the phone. The exact pricing and maximum buyback value will vary from phone to phone. This program will need to be purchased at the time of buying an eligible smartphone. A buyer will further need to keep the phone for at least three months before applying for the buyback value.
Here are the Mi Smart Upgrade program's pricing plans:
- INR 399 for Redmi 9 and Redmi 9 Prime
- INR 499 for Redmi Note 9
- INR 549 for Redmi Note 9 Pro
- INR 599 for Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
- INR 999 for Redmi K20 Pro
- INR 1,499 for Mi 10T
- INR 1,699 for Mi 10T Pro
- INR 1,999 for Mi 10
The buyback value that you should expect is listed below:
- 70% buyback value for exchange between 4 to 6 months
- 60% buyback value for exchange between 7 to 9 months
- 50% buyback value for exchange between 10 to 12 months
- 40% buyback value for exchange between 13 to 15 months
Xiaomi says that the phone should be working properly, without any physical damage, and with the original charger/retail box if the buyers wish to get the maximum available buyback value. If the team discovers any such issues, then they will make deductions to the value accordingly.