20 November 2020
OnePlus has rolled out OxygenOS 10.0.1 update to its OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T phones. The new update fixes many issues and brings a security patch to September 2020.
The major highlight of the update is the addition of Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for a stable shooting experience. It is, however, unclear if EIS is applicable to still images too. This is a big addition to the two phones, considering neither of them has OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). But the feature has come quite late for the 2017 OnePlus phones.
The back gesture from the bottom of the screen is also available but for the OnePlus 5T only.
The OxygenOS 10.0.1 update for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T phones fixes the abnormal call recording issue. It has also fixed the de-activated alarm issue when the phone was powered off.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Fixed the abnormal call recording issue
- Fixed the de-activated alarm issue when the phone was powered off
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020. 09
- Updated GMS package to 2020.08
- Full Screen Gestures
- Back gesture from the bottom of the screen is available (OP5T only)
- Electronic Image Stabilization has been added, bringing you the more stable shooting experience
The OTA is a staged rollout which means it will first be rolled out to a limited number of users and a broader rollout will happen in a few days but only after making sure there are no critical bugs found in the first stage rollout.