27 November 2020
OnePlus has released a new hot-fix software update for OnePlus 8T users. It is OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 update but since it is a hot-fix, it does not come with any new features. The primary objective of this update is to fix all the issues caused by a previous software update rolled out by the team.
It is all about fixing what was broken and optimizing an existing feature to make it better, especially from the perspective of user experience. It is an over-the-air update that has begun to become available in India. OnePlus says it will be available to users from North America and Europe pretty soon. However, a specific timeline was not mentioned in the announcement.
You can check out the detailed changelog below but do keep in mind, these updates are usually released in a phased manner. It means some users will receive the hot-fix update earlier than others. It helps the team take control of the situation quickly if the update ends up causing major issues.
OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 hot-fix update changelog:
- Optimized the call stability
- Improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating
- Improved mis-touch prevention to offer a better gaming experience
- Optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks
- Optimized user experience with Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the 3 modes
- Fixed the issue that the status bar kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode
- Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
- Optimized the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience
- Improved camera stability
- Optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with signal
- Fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games