02 December 2020
It has been about eight months since Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 9 Pro in the country. It was unveiled alongside the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and ran MIUI 11 out of the box. It was recently updated to MIUI 12 but it was still running Android 10 underneath. This is exactly what is changing now as Redmi Note 9 Pro Android 11 upgrade is now available.
The update comes with build number V22.214.171.124.RJWINXM. The size is around 2.3GB which makes it a hefty one. This is the reason we would suggest you download it using a WiFi connection, especially if you are on a limited mobile data plan. The actual time to download it completely will depend on your internet speed. It should be noted that it is available only for the Indian variant of the phone, not the global version.
Another thing to keep in mind is that MIUI 12 Android 11 upgrade is a beta stable build. It means only a few select users will receive the update first and if everything goes as planned by the team, it will be expanded to cover all the Redmi Note 9 Pro users across India. This is done to prevent the widespread of bugs and performance issues.
76.68 x 165.75 x 8.8 mm
6.67 inches - 2400x1080 px
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) 20:9 Full HD+ LCD DotDisplay with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 720G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 4GB/6GB LPPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB /128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP Samsung ISOCELL GM2 with f/1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens, 5MP 2cm macro lens, 2MP depth sensor, 4k 30 fps video recording
- 16MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones, Splash-proof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS, NavIC, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging